MOLD CASTING GENERAL LABOUR
- Fills mold with mixed material or applies material to mold to specified thickness.
- Molds parts or products using vibrator, handpress, or casting equipment and taps or tilts mold to ensure uniformity.
- Operates and adjusts controls of heating equipment to melt material or to cure, dry or bake filled molds according to specifications.
- Opens mold and removes finished products.
- Measures ingredients and mixes molding or casting material or sealing compound, to prescribed consistency according to formula.
- Assembles, inserts and adjusts wires, tubes, cores, fittings, rods, or patterns into mold, using hand tools and depth gauge.
- Removes excess material and levels and smoothes wet mold mixture.
- Brushes or sprays surface of mold with parting agent or inserts paper to ensure smoothness and prevent sticking or seepage.
- Measures and cuts product to specified dimensions, using measuring and cutting instruments.
- Inspects and tests parts or products for defects and to verify accuracy and adherence to standards.
- Cleans, trims, smoothes, and polishes products or parts.
- Days + Overtime